Contact Your Legislator
WREN addresses many issues that are before the General Assembly, choose your issue and call/email your legislator. Every call matters and every email makes a difference. Legislators rely on your input to make decisions for our state. Your experience is expertise, so share a personal story and make your voice heard!
Check out the issues below, the Take Action links will automatically connect you with your legislators and will provide email and call templates that you can use.
- Paid Family Leave for State Employees (S.11) (Support – WREN Policy Priority)
- Paid Family Leave for State Employees (H.3560) (Support – WREN Policy Priority)
- Pay Equity (Support – WREN Policy Priority)
- Dignity in Pregnancy and Childbirth (Support)
- Melting Plastic Waste (Oppose)
- Pharmacy Access (Support)
- Paid Sick Leave (Support)
- Female Health and Wellness Act (Support)
- Community Development Tax Credit (Support)
- Prohibit Paying Sub-Minimum Wages to People With Disabilities (Support)
- End Lunch Shaming Bill (Support)
Not sure who your legislator is? You can use this link to find your legislator.
- The 124th session of the South Carolina General Assembly started on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. In this legislative session WREN will continue to protect the health, economic well-being, and rights of women, girls, and gender-expansive people in South Carolina. Learn more about our legislative priorities.
WREN COVID-19 Policy Priorities
The WREN team is committed to serving our network by continuing to educate and advocate for the health, economic well-being, and rights of women, girls, and their families. Our COVID-19 policy priorities will center women and caregivers by focusing on protections for front line workers, addressing women’s economic devastation, paid leave, and reproductive freedom. Read more about our priorities here.
If you’re ready to take action, but don’t know where to start we’re happy to help. There are many ways to make your voice heard, use this page as a resource for all your advocacy needs. If you have any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host A Letter Writing Party (ON HOLD DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC)
Research has proven time and again that personalized messaging to lawmakers is the most effective form of advocacy. When your legislators are voting on new bills, it is important for them to have a personal story to connect to the issue. Storytelling is powerful because it humanizes an issue and opens up space for sympathy through individual testimony. Gather a few friends, and use this blog to get started!