Paid Family Leave for State Employees (H. 3560 and S.11)
This bill would provide state employees with 12 weeks of paid family leave for the birth or adoption of a child. Paid family leave is crucial to supporting working families’ economic security and promoting gender equity in workplaces. No one should have to risk their job or face financial loss when they need to welcome a new child.
WREN supports efforts to bring gender equity to the workplace and caregiving roles. Paid leave would provide people of all genders with the ability to work and care for their families. This policy is essential to a healthy and functioning state, no parent should have to choose between bonding with their child and financially providing for their family.
- FAQ: Does this bill apply to teachers?
- Bill to give SC state employees paid parental leave sent to House floor
- WREN Testimony in Support of This Bill
- Paid family leave for state employees on the table for SC lawmakers this year
- SC governor, lawmakers push 12 weeks of paid family leave for state employees
- Commentary: SC should make paid family leave a priority. Here’s why.
- SC legislators need to pass popular paid family leave law
Contact your Legislator and ask that they support this bill.Act Now