by WREN Staff on Jul 21, 2022
Nonprofit Lobbying and Advocacy 101 w/ the Sisters of Charity Foundation of SC
02/23/2022, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
The Sisters of Charity Foundation is offering a shared learning series that will be accessible to all their partners. The Foundation intends to kick off this series with Non-Profit Advocacy and Lobbying 101, Wednesday, February 23 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. EST.
Bolder Advocacy, will lead a training on how nonprofit organizations can fully—and legally—participate in advocacy work. You often hear people say that you are your best advocate, but what does that really mean- from an organizational perspective especially if it is a 501c3? They will discuss how you can use advocacy to further impact the work that you and your partners are already doing!
This FREE event is open to Sisters of Charity Foundation of SC Grantee Partners, Nonprofit Organizations in South Carolina, and interested members of the public. Please share widely. Register now by clicking here.
Participants will learn:
- How federal tax law permits lobbying for nonprofits and how lobbying is defined;
- One easy step most nonprofits can take to maximize the amount they’re allowed to spend on lobbying;
- Yearly lobbying limits for nonprofits;
- Tips for taking advantage of the narrow definitions of lobbying – which will help nonprofits make the most of their lobbying limit; and
- The application of these rules to ballot measure activities.
Categories: Advocacy, Partner Events
Type: Partner Events, WebinarSee All Events