by WREN Staff on Oct 10, 2018
Director of Policy and Government Relations
The Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN) is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to build a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of South Carolina’s women, girls and their families.
The Policy Intern reports directly to the Director of Policy and Government Relations. This is a paid, part-time, up to 20-hours per week, temporary position starting late May 2018 and ending in late August 2018.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
• Provide staff with support in data collection and analysis of various topics, organizations, and key
stakeholders in the field;
• Assist in reviewing documents for accuracy as well as writing reports, summaries, preparing
PowerPoint presentations and other WREN research products;
• Assist in data organization and management;
• Assist in developing, maintaining, and distributing policy-related materials (reports, briefings, and
presentations) for partners, policymakers, and legislative and agency staff;
• Prepare correspondence, letters, meeting minutes and other communication as appropriate;
• Contribute to implementation of overall WREN work plan and assists with special events and projects,
as other job duties allow; and
• Communicate regularly and proactively with Policy and Government Relations team about workflow
and progress on key tasks.
• Possess a keen interest and curiosity in policy research and analysis affecting South Carolinians;
• Experience working with Excel spreadsheets and/or databases;
• Experience conducting basic statistical analyses (means, percentages, confidence intervals, standard
• Experience conducting literature reviews and other background research for specific topics;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across internal and external teams;
• Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks while
maintaining composure under demanding deadlines;
• Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary; and
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 25, 2018.
WREN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or ability.