WREN is Hiring a Development Associate
by Lara Winburn on Aug 4, 2018
Overview of Position
The Development Associate is an exciting new position with the Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN), a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that is building a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of women, girls, and their families in South Carolina. WREN’s Development Associate will be responsible for supporting all aspects of fundraising related to annual appeals, donor research, identification, grant research, grant calendar creation, database updating, and check processing. S/he aims to improve communications with existing and potential donors. She or he will initiate and nurture partnerships, recruit new members to participate in our network, cultivate donors, and implement special projects.
This will be a full-time position based in Columbia, SC. The Development Associate will report to the Director of Development.
- Support Director of Development in the execution and tracking of donor giving and the strategies designed to engage, cultivate, and steward donors and prospects;
- Manage database, maintain data integrity, input donations, build and run queries and reports;
- Assist with a variety of general administrative tasks including preparations of donation acknowledgement letters, thank you letters, donor stewarding, donor materials, invitations, newsletters, annual reports, sign boards, and other correspondence;
- Support planning and execution of annual fund campaigns;
- Research foundations, corporate grant opportunities, and individual donors;
- Provide coordination for event logistics, maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials, and other duties as assigned for events;
- Increase fundraising content for website and social media platforms (videos, interviews, etc.); and
- Assist with donor segmentation reports, set up and run email campaigns, data analysis, surveys, as well as printing and marketing requirements related to all campaigns.
WREN seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated person with a commitment to empowering women and girls in South Carolina. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- At least 3 years of experience in fundraising with track record of building engagement and support over time;
- Knowledge of fundraising concepts and techniques, as well as current trends in charitable giving;
- Work as a part of the team and assist with department-wide responsibilities if and when required;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, under deadlines, without close supervision;
- Self-direction in the initiation, coordination and completion of tasks, acute attention to detail is essential;
- Superior communication skills, including writing and speaking persuasively for diverse audiences;
- Graphic design experience and social media management a plus; and
- Diplomacy, flexibility, creativity, and sense of humor essential.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $55,000, depending on experience, plus benefits.
How to Apply
WREN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or ability.
Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20, 2018. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.