SC Legislature App in 5 easy steps
by Courtney Thomas on Feb 7, 2019
The General Assembly started their session with innovation in the release of the “SC Legislature” app. This mobile app will make staying connected during the legislative session easier and more efficient. Here are 5 easy steps to effectively use this new app:
- Download the app
As with all applications, the SC Legislature app requires a download from the application store of your choice. Use the links below to download the app to your phone or tablet.
- Set alerts
Tap the settings wheel in the top right corner to begin receiving push notifications. Notifications are a useful tool to alert you to updates in the General Assembly.
- Users can set alerts for the start/end of session, bill movement, committee meetings, the addition of bill sponsors and more.
- Remember to follow all of WREN’s priority legislation. If you need a refresher on bill numbers click here.
- Find your legislator
In the advocacy world this app will make staying connected with legislators accessible and convenient. The “Find your legislator” page features sponsored bills, a biography, voting records, and contact information for each elected official.
- Tap either House or Senate then select “Find My Legislator”
- Type in your address, then follow the elected official for your district
- Pro Tip: If you have a meeting with an elected official, use this function to get to know them before an in person meeting.
- Set search terms
Search terms allow users to watch for any new bills related to key words. For example, if education is an issue that interests you, use terms like “Department of Education, “curriculum,” or “early childhood education.”
- Pro tip: Use specific search terms when possible or risk an oversaturation of notifications.
- Follow committees
Use this feature to follow the work of both House and Senate committees.
- View live and archived videos of committee hearings
- Find notes and agendas
- View calendars and any schedule changes in real time
We hope you’ll use this tool to become a more informed and effective advocate. Remember to join the network and stay involved!