Palentine’s Day 2022
by WREN Staff on Feb 9, 2022
Palentine’s Day is almost here and we’re celebrating by loving your rights!
What’s Palentine’s Day? It’s like Valentine’s Day, but for friends! Celebrated on February 13, it’s a day to honor our platonic soul mates and the love we have for them.
And who’s WREN’s Palentine? You are! We celebrate your friendship on Palentine’s Day and everyday by protecting, advancing, and loving your rights to gender equity!
How does WREN love your rights? Let us count the ways:
- We pass bills like the Pregnancy Accommodations Act and Lactation Support Act that provide dignity to pregnant people and new parents.
- We work to close SC’s gender and racial wealth gap by championing Pay Equity and Paid Family Leave for all.
- We fight back against harmful bills that hurt LGBTQ+ kids, prohibit truth in education, and strip away abortion access.
Honor your own Palentine(s) by telling them you love them AND their rights with a donation to WREN this Palentine’s Day! Donate $10 and we’ll send a customized “I Love Your Rights” e-card to your favorite Palentine.
Have lots of Palentines in your life? Donate $50 and we’ll send an e-card to up to 10 of your Palentines!
How does it work?
- Make a donation below and include how you’d like your name and your Palentine’s name to appear on the card.
- In the text box provided on the donation form, include your Palentine’s cell phone number or email address so we can text or email the e-card. (Their contact information will not be recorded or used for any other purposes.)
- The e-card design will closely mimic the graphic included in this blog
- Donations received by 11:59 on Saturday, February 12 will qualify for e-cards to be sent on Sunday, February 13.