Now Hiring: Policy and Programs Assistant
by WREN Staff on Jan 14, 2022
Up to 15-hours per week, starting in February 2022 through June 2022.
The pay range is $12-$14 per hour, based on experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter and resume or a video describing your interest in the position/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 28, 2022 with “Policy and Programs Assistant” in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Policy and Program Assistant is a member of the Policy and Programs team and reports directly to the Senior Director of Policy and Programs. The Policy and Program Assistant will provide administrative, writing, and research support and will have the opportunity to engage in a range of gender justice issues in a collaborative team.
WREN’s headquarters is in Columbia, SC, the Policy and Programs Assistant can operate virtually from any location in South Carolina.
Essential tasks include:
- Research and Writing
- Provides support in data collection and analysis of various topics, organizations, and key stakeholders in the field;
- Assists in reviewing documents for accuracy as well as writing reports, summaries, preparing PowerPoint presentations and other WREN content;
- Provides legislative hearing support;
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and distributing policy-related materials; and
- Assists in researching grant prospects and drafting grant proposals to support policy and programmatic work.
- Administrative support
- Prepares correspondence, letters, meeting minutes, and other communication;
- Assists with scheduling and logistical support for internal and external meetings, including the Gender Justice Advocacy Fellowship;
- Participates in meetings, learning about the wide variety of programs, which is an opportunity to learn strategy and tactics;
- Contributes to implementation of overall WREN work plan and assists with special events and projects, as other job duties allow; and
- Communicates regularly and proactively with Policy and Programs team about workflow and progress on key tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
WREN seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individual with a commitment to building a diverse and inclusive movement for women’s rights and social justice. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Possess a keen interest in advancing women, girls, and gender expansive people in South Carolina;
- Experience conducting literature reviews and other background research for specific topics;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across internal and external teams;
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow‐up skills;
- Excellent writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks while maintaining composure under demanding deadlines;
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary; and
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Additional Info: WREN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or ability.