Now Hiring: Network Engagement Manager
Nov 26, 2019
Overview of Position
The Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN) is a statewide, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that is building a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of women, girls, and their families in South Carolina. WREN engages and influences diverse audiences – from our 40,000+ member database, hundreds of non-profit partners, elected officials, business leaders, donors, and the general public.
The Network Engagement Manager is responsible for developing and executing innovative strategies to educate and engage WREN members and partners and building a strong and diverse network of advocates.
The Network Engagement Manager reports directly to the Senior Director of Policy and Programs and is a member of the Policy and Programs Department.
This is a full-time position located at the WREN office in Columbia, SC. This position will collaborate closely with staff across departments and across the state. Requires occasional travel within the region and to other parts of the state and work some non-traditional hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Lead process for developing and executing engagement strategies for WREN network;
- Map opportunities for member engagement that enhances issue education, civic engagement, leadership and mobilization;
- Coordinate various activist groups within network through consistent communication and network building activities;
- Lead process for community listening sessions and provide that feedback to staff and partners;
- Garner constituent/member support for WREN’s policy agenda;
- Identify potential and emerging leaders, develop and implement leadership development plans for individual members;
- Create and manage strategic Midlands-based partnerships;
- Manage special projects as assigned;
- Collaborate with Communications team in developing messaging for member outreach and action;
- Collaborate across teams to develop and execute special events;
- Manage volunteer opportunities;
- C0-create and execute presentations and trainings that enhance the skills, knowledge, and expertise of individuals and organizations within the network;
- Assist with fundraising efforts, particularly grant writing and reporting;
- Represent WREN at local events, meetings, coalition tables, and other opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned.
WREN seeks an experienced and motivated person with a commitment to building a diverse and inclusive movement for women’s rights and social justice. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Professional work experience in the areas of project management, volunteer management and community engagement preferred.
- Understands, communicates and works effectively and respectfully across all demographics that represent the diverse culture of communities.
- Experience with developing, implementing, and evaluating a strategy for organizational growth and impact.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while communicating effectively and collaboratively with a team.
- Writes clearly and concisely.
- Effective public speaker and presenter.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to juggle competing demands and tight timelines.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in building a diverse and inclusive movement for human rights and social justice.
Salary range is $50,000 to $65,000, depending on experience and qualifications. WREN offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, paid time off and holidays, contribution to retirement plan, and support for professional development.
How to Apply
WREN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or ability.
Deadline for applications is Friday, December 13, 2019. Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com, with “Network Engagement Manager” in the subject line. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.