Now Hiring: Digital Communications Intern
Jan 14, 2022
Up to 10- hours per week, starting in February 2022 through May 2022
$12 per hour
Please submit a cover letter and resume or a video describing your interest in the position/qualifications to email@example.com by Friday, January 28, 2022 with “Digital Communications Intern” in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This internship will play a pivotal role in WREN’s social media presence and educational communications. We are looking for a team member that can communicate our vision and mission through short-form videos. The ideal candidate will be able to explain and package difficult concepts into short, understandable messages.
The Digital Communications Intern will report directly to the Communications and Development Associate.
WREN’s headquarters is in Columbia, SC, the Digital Communications Intern can operate virtually from any location in South Carolina.
Essential tasks include:
- Creating and editing videos at the direction of the Communications and Development Associate
- Partnering with the Communications, Policy and Programs, and Development departments to execute educational strategies
- Brainstorming and implementing strategies for youth outreach through social media
- Implementing accessibility measures into communications
- Researching online trends (including trending sounds, videos, hashtags, etc.) and implementing online communications around them
- Other duties as assigned
- Video editing and creation skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- A commitment to gender justice
- Basic understanding of popular social media platforms
Additional Info: WREN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation,