Now Hiring: Development Manager
by WREN Staff on Sep 14, 2021
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $48,000 – $65,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, paid time off and holidays, contribution to retirement plan, and support for professional development.
- Hybrid remote work structure
Overview of Position
The Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN) is a statewide, non-profit, non-partisan organization with a mission to build a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of South Carolina’s women, girls, and gender expansive people.
The Development Manager will play a pivotal role in engaging WREN’s current supporters, identifying new funding opportunities, and advancing our strategic plan for impact in South Carolina, throughout the Southeast, and across the U.S.
This is a full-time position and may operate from WREN’s headquarters in Columbia or virtually from anywhere within South Carolina.
How to Make an Impact
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive annual giving program, including:
- Directing mail appeals, workplace giving, peer-to-peer fundraising, and online giving.
- Executing annual giving solicitation and stewardship efforts.
- Generating a pipeline of prospective major and planned gift donors.
- Establishing benchmarks and regular reporting processes to measure results of all annual fund activities.
- Partnering with staff and Board of Directors to set and execute short- and long-term fundraising strategy.
- Conducting research on current, new, and prospective donors.
- Partnering with the development team to generate and assess donor portfolios.
- Producing fundraising progress and financial reports to keep organizational leadership informed of opportunities, goals, and any needed adjustments to maximize productivity and success.
- Creating and maintaining a system to manage event logistics, goals, budgets, timelines, and assigned responsibilities for staff, partners, and volunteers.
- Overseeing event vendor agreements and payments, guest management, and day-of coordination.
- Collaborating with the Director of Development on event sponsor prospects, solicitation, and pre- and post-event communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be strategic, energetic, entrepreneurial, diplomatic, and highly collaborative. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years of experience raising funds in a non-profit environment, ideally in roles with significant annual giving and/or donor relations responsibilities.
- Track record of securing financial support from a wide variety of donors, particularly in South Carolina.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse array of people, including staff, board members, volunteers, advocates, donors, and community members.
- Experience and affinity for managing people, budgets, and CRM database systems (ideally Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.)
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, and oral communications skills.
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making and project management skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally, and to work some non-traditional hours (occasional evenings and weekends).
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in building a diverse and inclusive movement for human rights and social justice.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is September 30, 2021. Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com, with “Development Manager” in the subject line. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In all of our work, WREN honors and strives to live these values:
- Equity, Rights, and Justice for All
- Inclusive, Supportive Organizational Culture
- Bold Leadership
- Research-Informed Action
- Open, Authentic, and Transparent Communication
- Strong Relationships and Collective Action
Additional Info: WREN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or ability.