Now Hiring: Administrative Assistant
by WREN Staff on Jul 28, 2021
This position is closed.
The Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN) is a statewide, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that is building a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of women, girls, gender expansive people, and their families in South Carolina.
This will be a part-time (20-25 hours per week), non-exempt position reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The position is located at WREN’s headquarters in Columbia, SC. Some flexibility for limited remote work may be considered.
The Administrative Assistant will help maintain and enhance WREN’s systems, internal communications, and capacity to advance our mission. They will report to the CEO, and they will work closely with the Board of Directors, Leadership Council, and other staff departments. The primary job functions include:
Executive Support to CEO (30%)
- Assist with managing CEO’s calendar and commitments, including travel logistics
- Prepare expense reports and budget reviews
- Prepare correspondence, background documents, and briefing notes
- Assist with Human Resources functions
- Support intra-office communications and special project
Support to Board of Directors and Leadership Council (30%)
- Lead logistics of planning meetings of Board of Directors and Leadership Council
- Maintain files and records for Board of Directors
- Take notes in meetings and coordinate timely follow-up on action items
Office Management (20%)
- Process office mail
- Maintain organizational files and facilities (office, phones, equipment, supplies)
- Liaise with selected vendors and contractors, including but not limited to Accounting, Audit, and Information Technology
- Support logistics for staff meetings
General Mission Support (20%)
- Support other organizational events and initiatives, as needed
- Coordinate special projects, as requested
WREN seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with a commitment to building a diverse and inclusive movement for gender justice in South Carolina. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- At least 3 years of experience in:
- Managing an office or executive department
- Budgeting and financial accounting (including QuickBooks or Excel)
- Planning meetings and events
- Coordinating projects
- Using a variety of professional communications tools to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and follow‐up skills
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt when necessary
Competencies that apply to all WREN employees include:
- Open and Respectful Communication: Good work requires effective communication internally and externally. All staff are expected to communicate with one another and with all stakeholders in an open, authentic, and respectful manner.
- Teamwork and Effective Relationship Management: The success of our work is predicated on trusting, authentic, and productive relationships. Building our movement requires a commitment to our teams and the active development of these relationships.
- Commitment to Excellence: We commit to the highest level of quality in our work and fulfill our commitments to our teammates, partners, and funders. All staff are expected to communicate proactively about our commitments and seek support to fulfill them when necessary. When we make mistakes, we acknowledge and correct them to the best of our ability.
- Growth Mindset: Rather than perfection, we seek learning and growth in the service of our work. We identify opportunities for individual and team development that will advance our mission.
- Innovation and Creativity: We seek to find innovative solutions to challenges that we face, and creative strategies to build the strength and diversity of our movement. As we innovate and create, we document and share information about our successes and failures so that we can continually improve.
The pay range is $18-22 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. This is a part-time position, ranging from 20-25 hours per week.
How to Apply
WREN is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position. WREN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or ability.
Deadline for applications is August 13, 2021. Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.
In all of our work, WREN honors and strives to live these values:
- Equity, Rights, and Justice for All
- Inclusive, Supportive Organizational Culture
- Bold Leadership
- Research-Informed Action
- Open, Authentic, and Transparent Communication
- Strong Relationships and Collective Action