New WREN Summer Internship
by Communications and Learning Team on Apr 25, 2017
Calling all advocates! Don’t miss out on a chance to spend your summer with WREN’s Communications and Learning team. See below for details regarding our new internship opportunity.
Position: Communications Intern
Compensation: Paid Position
Application: Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples and sample design work to email@example.com by May 9.
The Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN) is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to build a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of South Carolina’s women, girls and their families.
The Communications Intern reports directly to the Director of Communications and Learning. This is a paid, part-time, 20-hours per week, temporary position starting mid-May 2017 and ending in August 2017.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Assist staff in analyzing reports on email, social media, and website analytics to highlight trends and monitor progress.
- Assist with social media strategy and outreach (via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and additional social networks).
- Maintain and manage posting schedule for all social media while creating and editing content for all platforms.
- Maintain a weekly communications report and assist in blog development.
- Develop infographics and images in support of issue education campaigns.
- Assist in event management and provide general staff support.
- Assist with media relations.
- Assist the Community Engagement Coordinator in creating new and exciting online engagement strategies and campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for the world of social media and online communications. Experience is required with print and online communications, new media, and editing.
- Previous experience with campaigns, campus organizing preferred.
- Working knowledge of design software, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign.
- Understanding of branding principles, and how to effectively leverage visuals through social media.
- Experience dealing with public relations or brand development.
- Efficient in multitasking and delivering consistent work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary.
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission.