Job Opening: Development Associate
Aug 21, 2023
Overview of Position
The Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network (WREN) is a statewide, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that is building a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of women, girls, gender expansive people, and their families in South Carolina. WREN engages and influences diverse audiences – from our 40,000+ member database, hundreds of nonprofit partners, elected officials, business leaders, donors, and the general public.
The Development Associate is a full-time position, reporting to the Director of Development. The Development Associate will be a member of the Development Department.
Level, Compensation & Benefits
• Starting salary range is $45,000-55,000, with final offer contingent on experience and qualifications.
• This is a full-time position, based in Columbia, South Carolina at WREN’s headquarters, with some flexibility for remote work.
• Competitive benefits package includes medical and dental coverage (100% of coverage for employee), 12 weeks parental leave, paid time off and holidays, contribution to retirement plan, and support for professional development.
• Some in-state travel required. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
A vital member of the Development team, reporting to Director of Development, the Development Associate will be responsible for managing operations to strengthen fundraising activities and outcomes across the department. The Development Associate’s primary responsibility is developing and implementing efficient internal processes to improve project management as it relates to donor
data, grants, and department administration.
The Development Associate:
• Serves as primary administrator of WREN’s CRM database, Raiser Edge NXT.
• Oversees grants management by supporting prospect research, submissions, and tracking.
• Provides administrative support for events, donor communications, and general department
Overview of Responsibilities:
Facilitate donor data integrity through timely and accurate gift processing, CRM oversight, and report generation. (50%)
• Maintain donor database through routine record clean up, contract renewal supervision, and staff training for Raiser’s Edge.
• Responsible for gift entry and processing, donor record updates, and financial reconciliation with WREN’s accounting software, Quickbooks.
• Generate and mail weekly gift acknowledgments, monthly donor renewal letters, and annual donor tax receipts.
• Assist the Director of Development in producing and analyzing reports to guide fundraising strategy and provide stakeholder updates
Create and implement a comprehensive grants management system to support WREN’s annual grant revenue goals. (25%)
• Research new funding opportunities and present to the Development team.
• Collaborate with team members to write and compile submissions, and monitor progress to ensure application and reporting deadlines are met.
• Maintain complete grant records and files in accordance with funder requirements.
• Track and monitor spending and reporting of all active grants, including reimbursements and drawdowns.
Ensure the department operates efficiently and effectively by providing administrative support for key Development activities. (25%)
• Support special events with vendor oversight, guest tracking, sponsor pledge fulfillment, and day-of logistics.
• Support the Director of Development in organizing donor communications such as appeals, annual reports, newsletters, and event invitations by seeking vendor quotes, generating mailing lists, monitoring production, and tracking outcomes.
• Assist the CEO with scheduling donor visits and communication and documenting prospect moves management actions, proposals and statuses within Raiser’s Edge NXT.
WREN seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated individual with a commitment to building a diverse and inclusive movement for gender justice. Qualified candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Keen interest in advancing the status of women, girls, and gender expansive people in South Carolina;
• Ability to apply new knowledge effectively and appropriately to work processes;
• Experience maintaining and/or updating business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across internal and external teams;
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks while maintaining composure under demanding deadlines;
• Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills;
• Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary; and
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
WREN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an
employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or military service.
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 15 2023. Please email cover letter, resume, three references, and any accommodations requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Associate” in the subject line.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.