Celebrate International Women’s Day with WREN!
by WREN Staff on Mar 8, 2021
What is International Women’s Day?
International Women’s Day or IWD is an annual celebration during Women’s History Month to:
- celebrate women’s achievements
- raise awareness about women’s equality
- lobby for accelerated gender parity
- fundraise for women’s organizations
How can I celebrate?
- Support a woman-owned business
- Donate to an organization that supports women
- Learn more about the issues impacting women
- Nominate a notable woman to be recognized through the Columbia City of Women project
- Celebrate the women and girls in your life. Click the button below and tweet at us to share their accomplishments using the hashtag #IWD2021
Do we still need International Women’s Day?
Short answer, YES. In the last year, women have experienced intensified economic and social hardships as a consequence of the pandemic. It’s important to take any opportunity to celebrate the women in our lives and work towards gender equity. International Women’s Day is an opportunity to celebrate the progress we’ve made so far. In SC, we have work to do, but the path is clear because of women who lead the way every day.