Gilda, We’ve Got Your Back
by WREN Staff on Jul 25, 2017
This past legislative session, Representative Gilda Cobb-Hunter was met with unwanted physical contact from a fellow legislator when there was a disagreement over a bill. We cannot accept a culture where a woman who speaks up is treated this way.
Join WREN and SCCADVASA on Thursday, July 27, 5:30-7:30pm at Spotted Salamander as we write letters of support to Rep. Gilda Cobb-Hunter letting her know that we have her back! Click here for event details and to RSVP.
If you will not be able to join us in person, check out the following talking points to create and send your own letter from home.
Start by addressing the letter and envelope to:
Representative Gilda Cobb-Hunter
4188 Five Chop Road
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Things you might want to mention in the body of your letter:
- Thank you for never hesitating to be the voice at the South Carolina Statehouse for the unheard and deliberately silenced.
- The people who you stand up for at the Statehouse stand with you now. We’ve got your back, Gilda!
- Strong women stand up for themselves. Stronger women stand up for others. Thank you for being one of the most courageous and strongest women at the South Carolina Statehouse.
- Regardless of whether it was safe or convenient or politically expedient, you have been a longstanding and tireless champion for women at the Statehouse. Keep going, Gilda! The women of South Carolina are with you!
- Nothing says “grit” and “guts” like Gilda.
- Civil dialogue is crucial in order to create progress in a fractured political environment. I will not accept a political culture where women who speak up are met with aggression or violence. South Carolina is better than that!
Conclude your letter by signing your name and including your address.
If you have any questions about writing or sending your letter, drop us at line at email@example.com so we can help!
Event hosted by: WREN and SCCADVASA