Countdown to Midlands Gives
by WREN Staff on Apr 29, 2020
Midlands Gives is just around the corner! Midlands Gives brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for local nonprofits in 11 Midlands counties. In addition to being a year-round resource for donors across the Midlands, the initiative amplifies donations during an 18-hour online giving challenge the first Tuesday of May. Since its inception in 2014 the event has raised $9.3 million for local nonprofits.
This year’s event is all online on Tuesday, May 5, 2020, from 6:00 am to 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time.
[wpdevart_countdown text_for_day=”Days” text_for_hour=”Hours” text_for_minut=”Minutes” text_for_second=”Seconds” countdown_end_type=”time” hide_on_mobile=”show” end_date=”29-04-2020 23:59″ start_time=”1588186121″ end_time=”5,15,6″ action_end_time=”hide” content_position=”center” top_ditance=”10″ bottom_distance=”10″ ]Today is the day! Support WREN for #MidlandsGives [/wpdevart_countdown]
How can I support WREN?
- Create a champion page using this link
- Create a Midlands Gives profile (or log in if you already have a profile)
- Go to WREN’s page here
- Click “Create a Champion Page” and follow the outlined instructions
- Share your Champion Page on social media, drop the link in an email, or text it to a friend with a personal message. We need your support in accomplishing our goals!
We must act now to put the needs of women at the center of the response to this public health crisis. WREN is actively working with our partners to raise awareness of the needs that women have by:
- Collecting and sharing data and stories on the issues that are impacting women and families, particularly those who are economically vulnerable; and
- Providing information on resources to help community meet immediate and long-term needs.
We are mobilizing our 40,000+ network members to support policy solutions by:
- Building advocacy capacity and deepening engagement through a skill-building and knowledge sharing series with movement leaders; and
- Providing advocacy trainings and organizing wellness checks in safe community spaces.
We are enhancing community collaboration by:
- Connecting public and private sectors to ensure women and families are centered; and
- Supporting grassroots nonprofits providing direct service to alleviate pandemic-related hardships impacting women and families.
We are developing and advocating for policy solutions with federal, state, and local government by:
- Educating policymakers on key issues affecting women and families; and
- Strengthening coalitions of individuals and organizations to work toward collective impact.