by WREN Staff on Jul 21, 2022
To commemorate our 5th anniversary and highlight artists in our communities, WREN’s 5th Anniversary Merch Design Contest invites design submissions that creatively interpret our mission for a chance to be featured in a limited edition collection of WREN merchandise.
All 5th Anniversary Merch Design Contest submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee, with the top five designs then being voted on by the public in an online poll. During the polling period, WREN will feature the artists of those top designs across our social media platforms in profiles that highlight their talent and encourage followers to support their work. The artist whose submission receives the most votes during the public poll will receive $500 and additional recognition when their design is printed on merchandise available for purchase by WREN’s network of 40,000+ members.
Proceeds from merchandise sales will benefit WREN’s work in advancing the health, economic well-being, and rights of South Carolina’s women, girls, and gender expansive people.
The contest opens for design submissions on Monday, March 15, 2021 and closes Friday, April 30, 2021. Selection of the top five designs will occur in early May 2021 and the public will be invited to vote for the winning design in an online poll mid to late May 2021. Once the winning design is announced, merchandise will be produced and available for purchase in June/July 2021.
Designs must be submitted electronically by completing the submission form below. Submissions submitted via social media or to other WREN email accounts will not be accepted.
- Designs should be full color. Attached is a document with WREN’s brand standards that artists may use to access brand colors, fonts, and themes. It is not required that designs be limited to WREN’s colors or other brand standards, but to be freely used as tools in design creation, if desired.
- Designs should creatively interpret WREN’s mission:
WREN, the Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network, is a South Carolina-based network whose mission is to build a movement to advance the health, economic well-being, and rights of South Carolina’s women, girls, and gender expansive people.
Further information about WREN that may support design creation can be found at www.scwren.org.
- Designs do not need to include the WREN logo. The logo will be printed on the t-shirt in addition to the design.
- Designs must be submitted by, or on behalf of, the designer with the designer’s direct consent. Parents or legal guardians must submit on behalf of minors under the age of 18.
- By entering the contest, the submitter certifies that the design is original and does not infringe on trademark, copyright, or any other intellectual property or other laws.
- Designs, including hand drawn submissions, should be suitable for print media as well as for use in online channels. High-resolution JPG or PNG files will be accepted for the contest period. Following the contest period, the artist of the winning design will be asked to submit an EPS file for merchandise production purposes. Hand drawn designs need to be submitted in electronic format and all colors must be in solid blocks that do not include shading gradients.
- Artists may submit up to three (3) different designs for consideration.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
- Designers must agree to the full Official Contest Rules (below.)
- By submitting, the artist grants WREN the right to publicly promote the submission if chosen as one of the top five designs. WREN will NOT reproduce, sell, trademark, or use the design in any manner other than promotion unless it is chosen as the final winning design.
- The design contest opens for submissions on Monday, March 15, 2021 at 12:01 am EST and ends Friday, April 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST.
- The design(s) must be an original creation of the artist that have never been published or publicly disseminated.
- Designs cannot contain trademarks, copyrighted material, or other protected, confidential, or proprietary images, logos, words, marks, or designs.
- Designs must be submitted electronically via the form below. Submissions submitted via social media or to WREN email accounts will not be accepted.
- All artists must submit a completed Artist Profile Form that will be publicly disseminated by WREN in the event that their submission is selected as one of the top five designs.
- WREN retains the right to feature any and all submissions in promotional materials including emails and social media posts throughout the contest period (March 15- May 21, 2021.)
- All submissions, except for the winning design, will be returned to artists upon completion of the contest in May 2021.
- The artist with the winning design will be required to complete an additional licensing agreement form prior to payment and merchandise production. Slight edits to the design may also be necessary to accommodate merchandise production.
- The 2020 Official Release Form, completed and signed, MUST accompany each submission. The Official Release Form may be signed electronically and acknowledges that the artist understands the Official Contest Rules, and assigns, transfers, and conveys all rights and interest in the design to WREN.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
Ready to Submit?
Complete the form below. Also, make sure to download and complete the Release Form, then upload along with your submission.